Breast Cancer is a tumor that originates in the tissue of the mammary gland of a female. When tumor cells originates from glandular breast tissue and have the ability to invade healthy tissue around and reaches distant organs and results in breast cancer.
This tumor can grow in three ways:
* Local growth : breast cancer grows by direct invasion, infiltrating neighboring structures such as the chest wall (muscle and bone) and skin.
* Lymphatic spread : the network of lymph vessels that holds the breast allows the lymph drainage is carried out at several node groups. The nodes in the armpit (axillary) are the most frequently affected, followed by those in the internal mammary artery (central chest area) and supraclavicular (above the collarbone).
* Hematogenous spread : is through the blood vessels preferably to the bones, lung, liver and skin.
The most common symptoms for which women go to the doctor are:
* Appearance of a lump in the breast
* Pain in the breast tenderness.
* Re sizing of either breast.
* Irregularities in contour
* Lower mobility of one breast to lift my arms.
* Alteration in the skin of the breast as ulcers, changes in color and appearance of what is called orange peel (for its skin-like appearance of the fruit).
* Changes in nipple like shrinking
* Appearance of a lump in the armpit
There are other symptoms such as fatigue , bone pain, which can occur in more advanced stages of the disease.
The specialist will recommend and explain the possibilities of the most appropriate treatment in each case, so patient have received sufficient information and can, along with the doctor, make a decision.
The breast cancer management, as in most tumors, is multidisciplinary. Different specialties work together to combine therapies and offer the patient the best chance of cure.
Guru Cancer Center offers best Breast Cancer Treatment in Madurai with the help of dedicated team of doctors and other staff.
Visit us: www.infertility-center-madurai.com
Mail us: email@example.com